River Cruising, by its very name, evokes images of elegant ships, first-class service, stunning views, fine dining and a balance of relaxation and exploration.
At Adventures by Disney, we have you covered, with even more magic sprinkled in!
Today we’re excited to announce our 2024 River Cruise sailings will return to three iconic European locations – the Rhine River, the Danube River and the Seine River. And we’re especially thrilled to introduce our “Danube River Cruise: Magical Holidays” trip in 2024. It’s the first time we are hosting a sailing during the New Year’s holiday. Guests can look forward to ringing in the new year with a celebration and toast in the heart of Europe!
The “Danube River Cruise: Magical Holidays” voyage is the newest themed departure offered by Adventures by Disney. The itinerary will begin in Germany with an authentic welcome, including oompah music. Next, guests will visit Austria where they will enjoy privately guided tours in Mondsee with amazing views of the Austrian Alps, a visit to the Benedictine Abbey in Melk, and more. In Schönbrunn, its traditional Christmas market transforms into a New Year’s market, perfect for shopping and selecting gifts to take home. The voyage continues in Hungary with inspirational tours, carriage rides and making and eating goulash.
And returning fan-favorite itineraries for 2024 include our seasonal Danube River Cruise: Oktoberfest and Rhine River Cruise: Christmas Market and Danube River Cruise: Christmas Market adventures, and the popular Rhine River Cruise: Food & Wine sailings which feature delectable meals, desserts and beverages local to the region.
What to Expect on an Adventures by Disney River Cruise
On an Adventures by Disney trip, guests are immersed in the destination and become part of the story. Our Adventure Guides bring the destinations, culture and history to life as they lead entertaining activities for everyone, including hosting special gatherings just for the kids, aka “Junior Adventurers.” Details are taken care of so guests can unpack once, knowing their “hotel” travels with them.
Here’s a sample of what you can look forward to on an Adventures by Disney river cruise:
- Dashing through the Black Forest on an Alpine toboggan ride (Rhine River Cruise).
- Dreaming of ballrooms and glass slippers while marveling at picturesque castles along the Rhine Gorge (Rhine River Cruise).
- Admiring the Notre Dame Cathedral and imagining life nearly 900 years ago when its construction first began (Seine River Cruise).
- Gazing at the nighttime skyline view of the Eiffel Tower in the City of Light (Seine River Cruise).
- Honoring history by visiting the Normandy beaches, including Omaha Beach, the American cemetery and Les Braves Memorial (Seine River Cruise).
- Twirling on a hilltop and visiting the beautiful Mirabell Gardens (Danube River Cruise).
- Exploring the historic Schönbrunn Palace and its immaculate terrace garden named The Orangery (Danube River Cruise).
And let’s not forget the food. Imagine enjoying delicious meals and participating in hands-on culinary activities. How fantastic is that! In Vienna, Austria, a traditional apple strudel tasting transforms into a cooking demonstration and baking lesson. At the Chocolate Museum in Cologne, Germany, chocolate sampling becomes a create-your-own chocolate bar activity. In Strasbourg, France, macaron cookie ingredients magically transform into fine delicacies by our new baking experts (that’s you!).